THE UNDERSTANDINGS

THE UNDERSTANDINGS

Friday, March 5, 2010

My hate for the fashion industry

This is just a bit of my problem and sometimes to an extent of hating the fashion industry. WASTE WASTE WASTE!!!!! The industry is very enviromental unfriendly and it seems to be ignored. I wish that everytime a designer presents his/her collection would also show us how much textile and other unknown things that are wasted. I enjoy fashion and the designers are quite talented individuals, but when there is no pressure from the public to direct the fashion industry to a more greener way then I have a problem. The designers themselves should look into possibility to improve their work and be more earth friendly.

Anyways here's a very good article that was written 3 or 4 years ago.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/25/fashion/25pollute.html

No comments:

Post a Comment